General requirements for accepting scrap metal:
Acceptance of scrap metal takes place in accordance with Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 960 “Regulations on the procedure for purchasing and selling ferrous and non-ferrous metal cuttings and scrap and issuing licenses for the purchase of metal cuttings and scrap in Latvia, as well as on the state fee rate for a license for the purchase of metal cuttings and scrap and procedures for paying the state fee”.
The radiation background of scrap metal must not exceed the permissible norms. Scrap metal must be free of flammable and explosive objects. Scrap metal must not contain harmful substances.
We do not accept:
- Explosive objects, weapon parts and combat ammunition.
- Any kind of metallic volumes with harmful chemical residues.
- We do not accept from natural persons: water meters, rails, sewer hatches, road signs, transformer stations as well as various parts from them.
- Electric wires, telecommunications wires in accordance with the current legislation.
- cuttings and scraps of copper (or its alloys) or aluminium (or its alloys) wires (diameter – 1.5 mm or more, with or without insulation).
- Cuttings and scraps of twisted copper (or its alloys) or aluminium (or its alloys) wires (individual wire diameter – 1 mm or more, with or without insulation).
- Cuttings and scraps of wires and cables containing the above-mentioned wires.
- Cuttings and scraps of cables containing copper (or its alloy) or aluminium (or its alloy) wires (diameter – 1.5 mm or more).
- Cuttings and scraps of copper (or its alloys) or aluminium (or its alloys) wires or cables of any profile, if their nominal cross-sectional area is 85 mm or more.
- Copper wires with a rectangular profile and copper products with a rectangular profile from natural persons.
- Cuttings and scraps of cables of multi-pair electronic communication networks, which contain copper wires with a diameter of 0.3 mm to 1.2 mm.